[Samba] Missing security descriptor reference domain

Thorsten Marquardt Marquardt at koehler-bracht.de
Tue Jan 17 14:13:07 UTC 2023

Hi,

to check my domain I ran

dcdiag /s:srv-kb-dc1

Windows PC an get some errors/warnings:

The following text is google translated of the german report. I don't
know how close this translation is to the english orginal:

Starting test: CheckSDRefDom

A security descriptor reference domain is missing from the application
directory partition DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=local,DC=dom. The msDS-SD
reference domain attribute of the locator object
CN=cb41f9cf-e031-4122-919b-059f46a9ecaf,CN=Partitions,CN=Configuration,DC=local,DC=dom
must be set to the DN of a domain by the administrator will.

Is this somthing I have to worry about? Can this be fixed (how) or ignorred?

Thanks in advance

Thorsten