[Samba] Transferring fsmo roles to new DC2

Callum G. MacEwan callum at pegasusnz.com
Mon Jan 16 10:52:56 UTC 2023

> Yes, probably, but why are they not there ?
> I think you need to give us a bit more info:
> What OS
Debian

> What version of Samba
Samba 4.17.4
> Are you using Bind9
No using internal bind
> How was the domain provisioned
samba-tool as per wiki

> If you run this on the DC:
>
> ldbsearch --cross-ncs -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
> DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=balewan,DC=pegasusnz,DC=com '(cn=Infrastructure)'

root at DC2:/etc/sudoers.d#  ldbsearch --cross-ncs -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -b DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=balewan,DC=pegasusnz,DC=com '(cn=Infrastructure)'

# record 1

dn: CN=Infrastructure,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=balewan,DC=pegasusnz,DC=com

objectClass: top

objectClass: infrastructureUpdate

cn: Infrastructure

instanceType: 4

whenCreated: 20221203031619.0Z

whenChanged: 20221203031619.0Z

uSNCreated: 5428

uSNChanged: 5428

showInAdvancedViewOnly: TRUE

name: Infrastructure

objectGUID: e27698d8-a43b-4b74-8e51-91cf1b6cdaf3

fSMORoleOwner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=CAPSICUM,CN=Servers,CN=Balewan-Orchards,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=balewan,DC=pegasusnz,DC=com

systemFlags: -1946157056

objectCategory: CN=Infrastructure-Update,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=balewan

  ,DC=pegasusnz,DC=com

isCriticalSystemObject: TRUE

distinguishedName: CN=Infrastructure,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=balewan,DC=pegasusnz

  ,DC=com

# returned 1 records

# 1 entries

# 0 referrals