[Samba] problems with sysvol after fsmo transfer

Markus Dellermann saml at use.startmail.com
Fri Jan 13 15:01:41 UTC 2023

Hi,
Am Freitag, 13. Januar 2023, 12:28:24 CET schrieb Thorsten Marquardt via
samba:
> Am 13.01.23 um 11:31 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
> > On 13/01/2023 09:53, Markus Dellermann via samba wrote:
> >> Hi Thorsten, hi Rowland,
> >> Just one hint from me:
> >> openSUSE-samba-Packages are normally mit-kerberos based.
> >> For DCs it could be better to use the heimdal-based
> >>
> >> There are some convenient repos on openSUSE-Build-Server..
> >>
> >> Markus
> >
> > I thought that the standard suse Samba packages were like the rhel ones,
> > you cannot use them for a DC, or are they like the fedora ones, were you
> > can, but shouldn't ?

the latter..
> > Try running:
> >
> > smbd -b | grep HAVE_LIBKADM5SRV_MIT
> >
> > If you get back:
> >
> > HAVE_LIBKADM5SRV_MIT
> >
> > Then you are using MIT.
> >
> > If you are using MIT, then I suggest you find and use packages that have
> > been compiled for Heimdal. If you cannot find any, then I suggest you
> > use a different OS, such as Debian 11
> >
> > Rowland
>
> Will I face serious problems if I continue with the MIT kerberos based
> samba packages? I like my openSUSE but I don't like to use packages
> aside from the official ones.

Shouldnt it be possible to test if mitkrb-packages works well for you and
otherwise switch to heimdal-packages?
In this case this repo could be good way for usage of current Packages:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/network:samba:ADDC

> But honestly I'm somewhat surprised about
> the fact that openSUSE stays on MIT Kerberos and doesn't switch to
> Heimdal (at least for samba builds).

hm, Compliance.?.
> Chears Thorsten

Markus