[Samba] problems with sysvol after fsmo transfer

Thorsten Marquardt Marquardt at koehler-bracht.de
Fri Jan 13 11:28:24 UTC 2023

> On 13/01/2023 09:53, Markus Dellermann via samba wrote:
>> Hi Thorsten, hi Rowland,
>> Just one hint from me:
>> openSUSE-samba-Packages are normally mit-kerberos based.
>> For DCs it could be better to use the heimdal-based
>>
>> There are some convenient repos on openSUSE-Build-Server..
>>
>> Markus
> I thought that the standard suse Samba packages were like the rhel ones,
> you cannot use them for a DC, or are they like the fedora ones, were you
> can, but shouldn't ?
>
> Try running:
>
> smbd -b | grep HAVE_LIBKADM5SRV_MIT
>
> If you get back:
>
> HAVE_LIBKADM5SRV_MIT
>
> Then you are using MIT.
>
> If you are using MIT, then I suggest you find and use packages that have
> been compiled for Heimdal. If you cannot find any, then I suggest you
> use a different OS, such as Debian 11
>
> Rowland

Will I face serious problems if I continue with the MIT kerberos based
samba packages? I like my openSUSE but I don't like to use packages
aside from the official ones. But honestly I'm somewhat surprised about
the fact that openSUSE stays on MIT Kerberos and doesn't switch to
Heimdal (at least for samba builds).

Chears Thorsten