[Samba] problems with sysvol after fsmo transfer

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jan 13 10:31:25 UTC 2023

On 13/01/2023 09:53, Markus Dellermann via samba wrote:
> Hi Thorsten, hi Rowland,

> Just one hint from me:
> openSUSE-samba-Packages are normally mit-kerberos based.
> For DCs it could be better to use the heimdal-based
>
> There are some convenient repos on openSUSE-Build-Server..
>
> Markus

I thought that the standard suse Samba packages were like the rhel ones,
you cannot use them for a DC, or are they like the fedora ones, were you
can, but shouldn't ?

Try running:

smbd -b | grep HAVE_LIBKADM5SRV_MIT

If you get back:

HAVE_LIBKADM5SRV_MIT

Then you are using MIT.

If you are using MIT, then I suggest you find and use packages that have
been compiled for Heimdal. If you cannot find any, then I suggest you
use a different OS, such as Debian 11

Rowland