[Samba] No Chrome RSOP

David Mulder dmulder at samba.org
Thu Jan 12 19:50:21 UTC 2023

On 1/12/23 10:46 AM, Dawson Greeley via samba wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Looking at setting group policy for Linux desktops's chrome installs. Reading through the group policy book (https://dmulder.github.io/group-policy-book/chrome.html#server-side-extension-10) it says I should have some RSOP's for chrome when I've set a policy except Im not seeing these set. I have a policy that is supposed to be setting the home url under 'recommended' policies. Just wanting to see if theres any input on how to troubleshoot why i dont see the rsop as I dont see anything very obvious in any logs with winbind set to log level 5

One suggestion, you can check whether a particular GPO will apply to
your machine using the `samba-tool gpo list` command.

 > samba-tool gpo list 37D8C465E684 -U Administrator
Password for [DMTEST\Administrator]:
GPOs for user 37D8C465E684
     Default Domain Controllers Policy
{6AC1786C-016F-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}
     Default Domain Policy {31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}

Where '37D8C465E684' is my computer's name, this lists the GPOs that
apply to it (you can see I just ran this against my addc).

--
David Mulder
Labs Software Engineer, Samba
dmulder at suse.com