[Samba] problems with sysvol aft

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jan 11 19:27:03 UTC 2023

On 11/01/2023 18:56, Thorsten Marquardt via samba wrote:

> Am 11.01.23 um 16:24 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
>> Yes and it shows what I started with, you have two SRV records for the
>> PDC_Emulator, delete the old one.
>>
>> Rowland
>
> I did and stopped samba on the old server. But my problem remains. I to
> can not connect to \\my.local.dom\sysvol.

If I try that I get:

Not enough '\' characters in service

Doubling the '\' works as does using '/'

But I get prompted for my password

Putting it another way, I cannot really get it to not work.
Note that I am doing this on Linux using smbclient.

After a while  a get a dialog
> to enter username and password to access the share. Whereas connecting to
> \\srv-kb-dc1\sysvol makes no problem. Could my problem somehow be
> kerberos related?

Could be but I doubt it.
When I try it (again on Linux), it doesn't work and using my ticket
cache using smbclient with --use-krb5-ccache=CCACHE , I found out why:

gensec_spnego_client_negTokenInit_step: gse_krb5: creating
NEG_TOKEN_INIT for cifs/samdom.example.com failed (next[(null)]):
NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER

I don't have the 'cifs' SPN

So, tried this:

sudo smbclient \\\\samdom.example.com\\sysvol -P

And got this:

Try "help" to get a list of possible commands.
smb: \>

My computer does have the 'cifs' SPN

Rowland