[Samba] Replication Problems After Changing FSMO DC

Dale Renton drenton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 22:58:34 UTC 2023

Hello,

dc1 and dc2 were running 4.13
dc3, dc4, dc5, dc6 are running 4.16

I created 2 new DCs, dc3 and dc4 and deleted dc1 and dc2.  dc3 holds the
FSMO roles, dc1 used to.  We have some other DCs, dc5 and dc6 that are
still pointing to dc1 and dc2 for replication.

samba-tool drs replicate dc5 dc3 DC=ad,DC=example,DC=com --full-sync (I ran
on dc5, works fine)

however "samba-tool drs showrepl" on dc5 shows KCC CONNECTION OBJECTS are
still pointing to dc1

==== KCC CONNECTION OBJECTS ====

Connection --
        Connection name: d0753cd3-dc40-4cdc-b554-0d0382dc6751
        Enabled        : TRUE
        Server DNS name : dc1.ad.example.com
        Server DN name  : CN=NTDS Settings,CN=DC1,CN=Servers,CN=ExampleSite
,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=oxfordfrozenfoods,DC=com
                TransportType: RPC
Warning: No NC replicated for Connection!

dc1 and dc2 were removed via "samba-tool domain demote
--remove-other-dead-server=DC1" on dc3 after the server was off.

How can I get the KCC CONNECTION OBJECTS on dc5 to point to dc3 instead of
dc1 ?

Thanks,
Dale