[Samba] Error noa and then , smb2_validate_sequence_number: smb2_validate_sequence_number: bad message_id 2 (sequen>

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jan 10 11:21:41 UTC 2023

On 10/01/2023 10:27, Daniel Müller via samba wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I have setup a samba 4.17.4 ads Controller on Debian 11. All is working fine
> despite one error dropping now and then in syslog:
>
> [2023/01/10 10:51:21.219277,  0]
> ../../source3/smbd/smb2_server.c:671(smb2_validate_sequence_number)
>
> Jan 10 10:51:21 dommaster smbd[775244]:   smb2_validate_sequence_number:
> smb2_validate_sequence_number: bad message_id 2 (sequence id 2) (granted =
> 1, low = 1, range = 1)
>
> What does this mean?

This is the second post on this subject this month. It looks like it is
a protocol negotiation problem. Last time it was in the middle of a
batch of 'checks', but it just picked up again and continued to the end.

> Is this something to bother about?

Not sure, it could just be a note about a temporary error that can be
ignored, or it could something more serious that needs fixing. I think
you need to log a bug report.

Rowland