[Samba] Does samba provide a fuzzing mode that uses deterministic NTLMSSP_Challenge?

fouzhe 862006904 at qq.com
Mon Jan 9 02:57:47 UTC 2023

Hi,

Recently I want to fuzz samba systematically (instead of functional fuzzing like OSS-Fuzz/samba). However, the fuzzer acts like smbclient and needs to establish a connection with the samba server via NTLM authentication. The NTLMSSP_Challenge sent by the server is not deterministic, which can render the fuzzing based on previously captured traffic futile. Does samba provide a fuzzing mode that uses deterministic NTLMSSP_Challenge, or how can I directly bypass the authentication stage?

Thanks for your time.