[Samba] Issues demoting a samba DC.

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sun Jan 8 16:54:18 UTC 2023

08.01.2023 19:42, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> Ah, I forgot that you are running your Samba AD DC's in an unsupported way, for a start you really should only have one realm in krb5.conf on a DC.

This is just untrue. It's perfectly okay to have more than one realm there.

> I cannot help you further with this, an NT4-style DC != an AD DC and you shouldn't try to run AD anything like NT4

There's no need to help here, I solved this issue, which was wrong krb5.conf
(which was created as suggested in the wiki btw, but it does not tell to update
it when changing list of DCs -- it should be quite obvious thing to do but
people tend to forget where else they've added their DCs).

It has nothing to do with NT4-style.

/mjt