[Samba] Slow login after samba upgrade

Max Serafini max at marigoldsandonions.com
Sun Jan 1 20:20:28 UTC 2023

Sure, here you go!  The files though have been the same throughout.
We use internal DNS.

*dc2*
root at dc2:~# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
netbios name = DC2
realm = MODOM.MARIGOLDSANDONIONS.COM
workgroup = MODOM
idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[netlogon]
path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/modom.marigoldsandonions.com/scripts
read only = No

[sysvol]
path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
read only = No

root at dc2:~# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain                   localhost
127.0.1.1       dc2
172.24.99.202   dc2.modom.marigoldsandonions.com        dc2

::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback

root at dc2:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
search modom.marigoldsandonions.com
nameserver 172.24.99.202

*dc3*
root at dc3:~# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
netbios name = DC3
realm = MODOM.MARIGOLDSANDONIONS.COM
workgroup = MODOM
idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[sysvol]
path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
read only = No

[netlogon]
path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/modom.marigoldsandonions.com/scripts
read only = No

root at dc3:~# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.1.1 dc3
172.24.99.211   dc3.modom.marigoldsandonions.com        dc3

::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes