[Samba] Missing Files/Missing Folders from an NFS Share

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 27 19:37:23 UTC 2023

On 27/02/2023 19:07, Conor Armstrong via samba wrote:
> By the way, there is nothing special about an AWS EFS share as far as I can
> see. It is just basically an NFS share.
>
> The answer some others were saying about Samba sharing the folder out from
> the NFS server isn’t possible. In AWS there is no access to the server
> behind EFS other than the NFS share itself. EFS has to be mounted as NFS.
> No other protocols are supported (eg CIFS or AFS).

I never said that it was impossible for Samba to share an NFS share. I
said then and I will repeat it now, it isn't a good idea to share an NFS
share with Samba, but sometimes you have to do things that you really
shouldn't.

Having said that, If anyone can make it work better, it will be Jeremy.

Rowland