[Samba] Missing Files/Missing Folders from an NFS Share

Conor Armstrong conorarmstrong at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:07:18 UTC 2023

By the way, there is nothing special about an AWS EFS share as far as I can
see. It is just basically an NFS share.

The answer some others were saying about Samba sharing the folder out from
the NFS server isn’t possible. In AWS there is no access to the server
behind EFS other than the NFS share itself. EFS has to be mounted as NFS.
No other protocols are supported (eg CIFS or AFS).

Anyway the sshfs intermediate mount worked for me but it would be good to
have this issue addressed in Samba.