[Samba] ldb transaction question

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 07:56:16 UTC 2023

Hi:
    I want to add rfc2307 attribute to machine account. I saw I can do
it via "samba-tool computer". but I want to try if there is a simpler
method, so I issue the command:

 ./samba-tool user addunixattrs 'machine$' 9999

and result:

 You are setting a Unix/RFC2307 UID & GID. You may want to set
'idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = Yes' in smb.conf to use the attributes for
XID/SID-mapping.
ERROR: Failed to modify user 'machine$': (21, "objectclass_attrs:
attribute 'gidnumber' on entry
'CN=MACHINE,OU=Workstation,OU=PC,DC=ad,DC=samdom,DC=com, contains at
least one invalid value!")
A transaction is still active in ldb context [0x56268385f090] on
tdb:///usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb

I don't mind the command failed. but last line worried me. should I do
something to revert the ldb transaction or even restore my samba
backup?
is that message safe to ignore?

thanks a lot for help

Regards,