[Samba] WERR_INTERNAL_ERROR on samba-tool domain join

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 23 21:56:01 UTC 2023

On Thu, 2023-02-23 at 21:50 +0000, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> I would normally bow to your expertise, but that error appears to be
> coming from the clean up after the join failed. It deletes three
> DN's
> and then throws an error.
>

> Or am I missing something

While the print()ed messages after "Join failed" are cleanup, the
exception is stored until the end and printed later, but were generated
as as the point where the join failed.  The failure is from the remote
GetNCChanges call, the primary network call for replication.

Andrew Bartlett

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions