[Samba] Restarting winbind on OpenVPN connection...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Fri Feb 17 09:49:39 UTC 2023

I've a Ubuntu client that connect via OpenVPN to my network; client is
joined to the AD domain, and need the 'join' (in loose meaning) to
access some remote share.

But sometime the client connect and, for example, an 'getent passwd
<domain_user>' return nothing. User can access the share, but without
membership the ACL on files and folders block the user.
Restarting winbind solve imediately the problem.

Trying to analize the trouble, seems to me that simply is a 'timing' issue,
and i need to make winbind more aggressive on looking up the DC, or simply
restart on successful OpenVPN connection.

But OpenVPN connection is done via NetworkManager (users have to manage the
connection), and i've not found a way to run a script.

Someone have just resolved this? Thanks.

--
  But i still haven't found
  what i'm looking for					(U2)