[Samba] Van Belle Packages & Samba 4.15

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Feb 15 21:08:02 UTC 2023

On Wed, 2023-02-15 at 16:02 -0500, Marco Shmerykowsky via samba wrote:
> On 2023-02-15 2:13 pm, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> > On 15/02/2023 19:05, Marco Shmerykowsky via samba wrote:
> > > I ran an 'apt-get update' and a 'apt-get upgrade'samba with the
> > > packages referencing Van Bellesite for debian bister samba 415.
> > > After everything was upgraded, samba is stillreporting version
> > > 4.15.5 instead of the latest4.15.13.
> > > Did I miss something about changes needed to thesource lists due
> > > to changes at the Van Belle site?
> > > Thanks
> >
> > Louis, for reasons I will not go into here, has stopped updating
> > hisrepo. If you are still using Buster, then upgrade to Bullseye
> > (turnoff Louis's repo), this will get you to 4.13.3 (yes I know
> > this isolder than what you have now). Once upgraded, start using
> > Debianbackports, which will get you to 4.17.5
>
> Do you just run "apt-get upgrade -t bullseye-backports samba"?
> Will that jump you from 4.13.3 straight to 4.17.5 or thisthere a way
> to slowly step up thru the versions?

There has only been one DB format step in recent years and that was
before 4.12 from memory, so there really isn't much to be gained
stepping, unless you plan to spend time at each step.
Andrew Bartlett

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions