[Samba] Van Belle Packages & Samba 4.15

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Feb 15 19:13:39 UTC 2023

On 15/02/2023 19:05, Marco Shmerykowsky via samba wrote:
> I ran an 'apt-get update' and a 'apt-get upgrade'
> samba with the packages referencing Van Belle
> site for debian bister samba 415.
>
> After everything was upgraded, samba is still
> reporting version 4.15.5 instead of the latest
> 4.15.13.
>
> Did I miss something about changes needed to the
> source lists due to changes at the Van Belle site?
>
> Thanks

Louis, for reasons I will not go into here, has stopped updating his
repo. If you are still using Buster, then upgrade to Bullseye (turn off
Louis's repo), this will get you to 4.13.3 (yes I know this is older
than what you have now). Once upgraded, start using Debian backports,
which will get you to 4.17.5

Rowland