[Samba] idmap ad question

Vaughan, Robert J vaughar2 at gdls.com
Mon Feb 13 19:42:40 UTC 2023

On 13/02/2023 18:54, Vaughan, Robert J via samba wrote:

> nsswitch.conf has 'files winbind' for the passwd, shadow and group lines

Remove it from the shadow line, it should not be there.

> What does it mean 'winbind links set up'?

It refers to the links that connect winbind to nsswitch

> OS is Red Hat 7.  Any idea in those packages if I might be missing something?

>>Been sometime since I used a red-based distro, but I think you need to
>>install samba-winbind-clients

>>You could try reading this:

>>https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Winbindd_on_a_Samba_AD_DC*Libnss_winbind_Links__;Iw!!BlOwZnr7TA!iiqx5WSIlcMww6aLe_SmEGJxYgFTcFHG2hXQAQvreE2rgU4-Z3-GEUohBUxWSEM9nr9bL45WjVuZvWjh$

>>It might help to understand the links.

Yeah the link is correctly setup, since it is not compiled Samba

Ok, I found in this link ..

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Troubleshooting_Samba_Domain_Members#getent_not_Finding_Domain_Users_and_Groups

I had to change these lines to 'Yes' ..

        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind enum users = Yes

Now, it works, but it's really slow (and I think I have heard you saying not to enable this before)

Robert Vaughan

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.