[Samba] Member server permissions issue

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Feb 11 07:50:43 UTC 2023

On 11/02/2023 00:46, Rich Webb via samba wrote:
> I guess I'm not following... what do I need to change?

Okay, on Linux there are the 'ugo' permissions, which are:
  'u' the owner
  'g' the group
  'o' others

and all of these can get:
'r' read permission
'w' write permission
'x' execute permission if it is a file, enter if it is a directory

To get into a directory, a user or group needs to have the 'x'
permission on the entire path. For Domain Users to get into
/server/share it needs the 'x' permission on the 'server' and 'share'
directories.

This is on Linux, From Windows it is essentially the same, but there the
'x' or enter permission is called 'traverse'

Rowland