[Samba] Member server permissions issue

Rich Webb rwebb at zylatech.com
Fri Feb 10 20:40:14 UTC 2023

#> ls -ld /server/shared
drwxrwx---+ 47 root CORP\domain users 4096 Feb  6 20:13 /server/shared

#> getfacl /server/shared
# file: server/shared
# owner: root
# group: CORP\\domain\040users
user::rwx
user:root:rwx
user:CORP\\domain\040admins:rwx
user:CORP\\domain\040users:rwx
group::rwx
group:CORP\\domain\040admins:rwx
group:CORP\\domain\040users:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:root:rwx
default:user:CORP\\domain\040admins:rwx
default:user:CORP\\domain\040users:rwx
default:group::---
default:group:CORP\\domain\040admins:rwx
default:group:CORP\\domain\040users:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

#> samba-tool ntacl get /server/shared --as-sddl
O:S-1-22-1-0G:DUD:PAI(A;OICI;0x001f01ff;;;DA)(A;OICI;0x001301bf;;;DU)

I originally had domain admins owning the directory but changed it to domain users thinking that the user was not a member of domain admins so maybe that was why they couldn't access it.

Rich