[Samba] access "claim types"

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Feb 10 08:38:59 UTC 2023

>> idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
>> idmap config * : backend = tdb
>> idmap config NORAS : range = 10000-20000
>> idmap config NORAS : backend = rid
>
> Is this bad sanitisation ?
> your workgroup is 'COMP' and the idmap config lines are using 'NORAS',
> they should be the same.
>
> If that isn't it, try looking at dns, with things like this, it is
> usually dns.

no that was just me trying to anonymize things and failing ...

think

idmap config COMP : range = 10000-20000
idmap config COMP : backend = rid

-

Tested on a test share now.

That yellow warning still comes, but this "claim types" thing seems only
to relate to some conditions

I googled this image as reference:

https://download.huawei.com/mdl/image/download?uuid=8e4e181d5bcd4626ac44ffe959904264

I was able to add a principal and edit its permission on the testshare.

The yellow warning is there on shares belonging to root or Administrator
(wrong)

-

Reading
again, sure.

I don't have "acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes" ... changing that
sounds dangerous, especially while there are dozens of active users on
the server right now.