[Samba] After Suse Enterprise upgrade from 11.4 to 15.4 PCs fails authentication when trying to mount Samba share

John Adamski (Work Account) adamski at graceland.edu
Thu Feb 9 20:00:15 UTC 2023

Thanks for the reply. I have a question or two to clarify what you stated.

First the ranges in the idmap settings was what the SUSE tech that had the case suggested.  I just left them large after they closed the case.  I will try setting them back to normal range.

Second the password server line has been include and excluded on different tries, I think was left in from last things the SUSE tech had me try.  I will comment out and see if that helps.

Now to my clarification question(s):

I don't understand these comments:

> idmap config GRACELAND:unix_nss_info = yes

Only used with the 'ad' idmap backend

>          idmap config GRACELAND : backend = tdb

Here is the biggy, the 'tdb' idmap shouldn't be used for the main domain, you should be using 'ad', 'rid', 'autorid' or 'nss' idmap backends

I am not sure which config lines you are talking about and what they should be instead. Can you clarify?

John