[Samba] long delays with file enumeration & listing in large data storage environment

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Thu Feb 9 08:28:07 UTC 2023

On 2/8/23 11:59, Matthias Kühne | Ellerhold Aktiengesellschaft via samba
wrote:
> I *think* I have enabled all possible optimizations, but if you want to
> have a look if I forgot something I'd be thankful. Thanks! (Sorry for
> highjacking this thread - should I open a new one?)
>
> Ive asked the users and on-prem IT-people for more details and this is
> what they tell me:
>
>    * MacOS 10.15 Catalina with Intel chipset -> fast directory listing
>    * MacOS 12+ with Intel or M1 chipset -> slow directory listing

oh, so something changed client side, haven't heard of this yet.
*scratches head*  "Hopefully" one of our customers runs into this and
lets me to take a look at this so I can investigate and if possible
improve this.

> Server side is the same Debian linux box with samba 4.16.
>
> The smb.conf for this fileserver s:

config looks good.

-slow

--