[Samba] SMB Multichannel not working?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Feb 8 18:34:42 UTC 2023

On Wed, Feb 08, 2023 at 06:06:34PM +0000, Carter Sheehan wrote:
>   Jeremy,
>   After connecting to my "filestore" share using the credentials of my
>   "samba-client" guest user explicitly I am finally getting a result
>   returned to me with the PowerShell command Get-SmbMultichannelConnection!
>   I am going to run through some more rounds of testing, but my initial copy
>   test did not blow me away with respect to throughput; But I have high
>   hopes now that it is working.
>   Jeremy, thank you for your effort and expertise here; I would have given
>   up a long time ago if it wasn't for you. Much appreciated sir! If you have
>   a Tip Jar, I will gladly send you a tip :)

No tip jar (yet, I just go laid off as part of the Google-12k so
I might end up resorting to that eventually :-).

I'm so glad it's (hopefully) working. I've also learned
something - that share access seems to affect multichannel
enablement (i.e the Windows client doesn't like doing
multichannel on a read-only share). So we both ended
up winning :-).