[Samba] long delays with file enumeration & listing in large data storage environment

CaptainTrips28 captaintrips28 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 15:31:43 UTC 2023

Hi Rowland, Ralph,

The sanitation in my original post was more me masking confidential details
(domains, hosts, ups, workgroups, etc) quickly. The unsanitized running
smb.conf on the test servers do not have the same
errors/duplications/missing details as my quick cover up job does in the
mail chain. Forgive me for that confusion :)

I am, however, in process of testing a bunch of additional stuff that you
guys have recommended as we speak, along with recommendations from the
other replies. Especially paying close attention to inappropriate options
in the conf

Additionally I am rebuilding one test server with RHEL 9.0 to have a kernel
higher than 5.6 (RHEL 9.0 is 5.14 OOB) and has samba 4.17 samba packages
out the gate

Will update soon on outcome. Our Windows engineer is also building out a
beefier DC to test against as well.