[Samba] long delays with file enumeration & listing in large data storage environment

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Wed Feb 8 06:04:16 UTC 2023

On 2/8/23 02:42, Jeremy Allison via samba wrote:
> I would suggest you try with Samba 4.17.latest to see if you
> find an improvement.

while this is generally a good advice :) I don't think this will help in
this case. Directory enumeration didn't really see any changes and the
OP mentions that enumeration was fast before joining to the domain. This
is quite unexpected and this is the point where I would start investigating.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                 https://samba.org/
SerNet Samba Team Lead      https://sernet.de/en/team-samba