[Samba] Replication between Samba DCs (on different sites)?

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Feb 7 18:44:44 UTC 2023

On 07/02/2023 18:35, Lorenzo Milesi via samba wrote:

>> A little more context, manual replication unfortunately doesn't help:
>
> Last (sorry for the spam, I'm starting to forget things):
>
> # dig _ldap._tcp.pdc._msdcs.wdc.domain.it srv
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> _ldap._tcp.pdc._msdcs.wdc.domain.it. 900 IN SRV 0 100 389 dc1.wdc.domain.it.

If DC and dc3 are working correctly, I would demote DC2 (forcibly if
necessary) then seize the FSMO roles to one of the good DC's. Once you
are sure that your domain is working correctly, find anything to do with
the dead DC in AD and remove it. Now add a new DC (I would use a new
name and IP), hopefully everything should be okay after all that.

Rowland