[Samba] Bullseye 4.17 repo

Kees van Vloten keesvanvloten at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 13:29:39 UTC 2023

On 04-02-2023 14:22, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> 04.02.2023 16:03, Kees van Vloten via samba wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> It looks like there is an issue with the package index of bullseye 4.17.
>> When I look in
>> http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/packages/samba/bullseye/samba-4.17/Packages
>> there is no package 'samba-common' nor any other samba packages.
>
> Hm. It is interesting.
>
> Bullseye part there is not supposed to have 4.17 packages to begin with.
> The idea was to use official debian archives for everything possible.
> For samba 4.17, official bullseye-backports repository contains
> everything.
> With other versions, eg 4.16 which is not in bullseye-backports anymore,
> it is in my archive indeed. But current 4.17 is in bpo already so I
> haven't
> built it for my archive.  Also, debian bpo contains builds for every
> architecture, while my archive provides amd64 only.
>
> If you look closely, you'll realize there's no samba-related packages at
> all there, only the libraries - talloc/tevent/tdb.
>
> I think I just forgot to remove bullseye/samba-4.17/ subdir when uploaded
> 4.17 to debian unstable and later to bullseye-backports, and it stayed
> there populated with just the support libs.
>
> I'll just remove it, since there's no files in there anyway.
>
> Or maybe I should build 4.17 for bullseye too, just for completness..
> dunno :)
If you don't mind, I would prefer the latter.
I am currently using 4.16 on some servers and 4.17 on others. It would
be handy to have a 'single' place to get those packages. Then changing
the version is just a matter of flipping the directory in your repos,
otherwise it is switching to backports but disabling it before it gets
updated to 4.18 (and from that point on there is no way to re-install
4.17, would that be necessary).

- Kees.