[Samba] Searching Samba share file contents

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Fri Feb 3 11:42:52 UTC 2023

03.02.2023 14:07, Kees van Vloten via samba пишет:
..
> - I am currently using mjt's debian repo (for debian bullseye). I guess my best option is to build the packages myself from mjt's debian source with
> your extra patches and compile options. Not a big issue but it takes some time to set that up :-)

It's quite easy to set up really. You don't need the complete build
environment on your main OS, something like sbuild is enough.

See for example this:
https://wiki.debian.org/sbuild#Using_unshare_with_mmdebstrap_.28no_root_needed.29
or the old'good way with sbuild and schroot.

The idea is that you set up a minimal clean chroot for a given distribution or release,
and build the package with sbuild:

  sbuild -d unstable samba_foo.dsc

(or -d bullseye, with bullseye-amd64 chroot set up as in previous step).

Debian samba git repository is linked to from the debian package page,
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/samba (see links on the left).
But you don't need the repository (you can use it if you want, for sure), -
just `apt source samba' is enough to get started. Next is `dpkg-buildpackage -S -d'
to create a .dsc, and use it with sbuild.

FWIW.

/mjt