[Samba] Crash on "samba-tool domain functionalprep --function-level=2012_R2 ..."

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Feb 3 02:27:49 UTC 2023

On Fri, 2023-02-03 at 09:53 +1300, Douglas Bagnall via samba wrote:
> On 3/02/23 03:15, Fabio Fantoni via samba wrote:
> > When I this command I had a crash:
> > samba-tool domain functionalprep --function-level=2012_R2 --forest-
> > prep --domain-prep
>
> If you try with `samba-tool -d9` you'll get more output, which may or
> may not help. And if you add
>     panic action = /path/to/samba/gdb_backtrace %d
> to smb.conf, you ought to see more profuse back traces (what the
> exact path or package is, I don't know).

This is more for a running server, for a command-line tool use 'gdb --
args /usr/bin/python3 /path/to/samba-tool ...' and then start it with
'r' for 'run'.
> I think the 'ndr_pull_relative_ptr1' lines are unrelated, just Samba
> trying to parse SD strings as binary before trying it the other way
> (c.f. https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2021-July/236839.html).
> What version of libgnutls to you have? libgenrand-samba4.so.0 should
> always lead to gnutls, as fas as I am aware.
> Douglas

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions