[Samba] Crash on "samba-tool domain functionalprep --function-level=2012_R2 ..."

Douglas Bagnall douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Feb 2 20:53:10 UTC 2023

On 3/02/23 03:15, Fabio Fantoni via samba wrote:

> When I this command I had a crash:
>
> samba-tool domain functionalprep --function-level=2012_R2 --forest-prep
> --domain-prep

If you try with `samba-tool -d9` you'll get more output, which may or
may not help. And if you add

    panic action = /path/to/samba/gdb_backtrace %d

to smb.conf, you ought to see more profuse back traces (what the exact
path or package is, I don't know).

I think the 'ndr_pull_relative_ptr1' lines are unrelated, just Samba
trying to parse SD strings as binary before trying it the other way
(c.f. https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2021-July/236839.html).

What version of libgnutls to you have? libgenrand-samba4.so.0 should
always lead to gnutls, as fas as I am aware.

Douglas