[Samba] Crash on "samba-tool domain functionalprep --function-level=2012_R2 ..."

Fabio Fantoni fabio.fantoni at m2r.biz
Thu Feb 2 14:15:57 UTC 2023

Il 02/02/2023 14:50, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
> Your English isn't bad, which is more than what I can say about your
> email client 😉
>
> Can you please try again, with a different client that doesn't try to
> put everything on one line.
>
> Rowland

Thanks for reply, the client is thunderbird and I setted text-only
format to avoid some issue saw in past with mailing list but don't seems
produced good result in this case (or is antivirus that I try to temp.
disable now), I'll retry without this mode and using paste.debian.net
for bigger commands output, see below...

Hi, I tried to add windows 2019 domain controller to samba active
directory following this procedure:
https://dev.to/aciklab/adding-a-windows-2019-dc-to-your-samba-domain-im2

When I this command I had a crash:

samba-tool domain functionalprep --function-level=2012_R2 --forest-prep
--domain-prep

I also tried to update to latest samba version (4.17.5) from backports
packages (exactly version 2:4.17.5+dfsg-1~bpo11+1) on debian 11 but
crashed anyway.

Redoing another time the command don't crash and don't print errors but
I don't know really did all correct and complete changes with crash
occurred before.

I restored the backup installed also needed dbgsym packages before
reproduce the crash to decode the backtrace symbols.

> vi /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian-debug/ bullseye-debug main contrib
> non-free
> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian-debug/ bullseye-backports-debug main
> contrib non-free
>
> apt -t bullseye-backports-debug install samba-libs-dbgsym
> libtevent0-dbgsym samba-dsdb-modules-dbgsym libldb2-dbgsym
> python3-ldb-dbgsym
> apt install libc6-dbg python3-dbg

Before start I also checked db

> samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix --yes  --reset-well-known-acls
> Checking 3630 objects
> Checked 3630 objects (0 errors)

And even if dbgsym packages was installed it didn't decode the symbols
in the backtrace: https://paste.debian.net/hidden/1f4f1de4/

I don't know how to decode symbols of this printed backtrace, if are
needed to solve the issue can you tell me what I should do please?

Another thing spotted on previous command that even if don't seems
failed there are some "Unable to find attribute", are them normal or
minor "not blocking" issues or there is something that should be solved
before?

"samba-tool domain schemaupgrade" output:
https://paste.debian.net/hidden/7d2de9ee/

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english