[Samba] Searching Samba share file contents

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Feb 1 20:07:35 UTC 2023

On Wed, Feb 01, 2023 at 07:58:52PM +0000, Vaughan, Robert J via samba wrote:
>Hello Samba listers
>
>Is there a way to search Samba share file contents from the Windows client explorer?  This works on Windows shares.  I can't seem to get a hit on this on Google ..

Noel Power (Samba Team member at SuSE) has sample code implementing Windows
search. It hasn't been integrated yet. If you want to test it he
may be able to make it available to you. I'm CC:ing him on this
reply.

https://sambaxp.org/archive-data-samba/sxp15/SambaXP2015-SLIDES/wed/track1/sambaxp2015-wed-track1-Noel_Power-WindowSearchProtocolAndSamba.pdf