[Samba] Hanging, uninterruptible smbd-process in "D"-state

Rainer Krienke krienke at uni-koblenz.de
Wed Feb 1 11:54:32 UTC 2023

Hi,

tanks for the answer. Since /proc/<PID>/stack is a stack the topmost
element should be the task where it got stuck which is:
rwsem_down_write_slowpath which waits for getting a write lock semaphore:

cat /proc/10193/stack
[<0>] rwsem_down_write_slowpath+0x2e2/0x620
[<0>] nfs_rmdir+0x117/0x1b0 [nfs]
[<0>] vfs_rmdir+0x7c/0x1b0
[<0>] do_rmdir+0x216/0x230
[<0>] do_syscall_64+0x5b/0x80
[<0>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x61/0xcb

The strange is that all of a sudden this setup (nfsserver+samba-client)
fails, where it has worked for 10 years without any trouble.

Thanks
Rainer

--
Rainer Krienke, Uni Koblenz, IT-Services, A22, Universitaetsstrasse 1
56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49261287 1312 Fax +49261287 100 1312