[Samba] Domain password policy with Samba AD DC

Peter Milesson miles at atmos.eu
Sat Aug 26 16:02:44 UTC 2023

Hi Anantha,

I now know (the hard way) that it's possible to manage the password
policies with samba-tool. But through my futile trials and information
on different web sites (very little documentation in the Samba wiki), it
is evident that it's not possible using Group Policy Manager from the
RSAT tool suite. IMHO, it's quite perplexing for a user that does not
know Samba AD DC configuration extremely well.

If you have got a workaround, allowing the use of the RSAT Group Policy
Manager, I, and probably many other, would be happy to get some
information how this is done.

Thanks for your input.

Best regards,

Peter