[Samba] NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - using NTLM1

Vincent techburgher at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 19:07:30 UTC 2023

Could CVE-2022-38023 be impacting this issue (
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5021130-how-to-manage-the-netlogon-protocol-changes-related-to-cve-2022-38023-46ea3067-3989-4d40-963c-680fd9e8ee25)?
Samba version 4.7.12 is in use, and per the Samba advisory on this issue (
https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2022-38023.html), a change to
smb.conf was made:

   server schannel require seal = yes        # the default

This configuration option is not supported within 4.7.12.