[Samba] samba-tool user disable doesn't change any object attributes?

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Aug 24 14:29:11 UTC 2023

On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 21:56:47 +0800
Reese Wang via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Ah I understand the 512 + 2 thing.
> But the userAccountControl is still 512 after I run `samba-tool user
> disable`

Hmm, what version of Samba is this and on what OS ?
Where are you running the command ?

On Debian bullseye with Samba from backports (4.17.10), if I check a
user, I get this:

dn: CN=usertest3,CN=Users,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
userAccountControl: 512

If I then, on a DC, disable the user with:

adminuser at rpidc1:~ $ sudo samba-tool user disable usertest3

I get no output and when I check again, I find this:

dn: CN=usertest3,CN=Users,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
userAccountControl: 514

The user is now disabled.

Rowland