[Samba] Increase data length for SMB2 write and read requests for Windows 10 clients

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Mon Aug 21 13:19:59 UTC 2023

On 8/21/23 11:53, Jones Syue 薛懷宗 via samba wrote:
>> OH - that's *really* interesting ! I wonder how it is
>> changing the SMB3+ redirector to do this ?
>
> It looks like applications could do something and give a hint to SMB3+
> redirector, so far not quite sure how to make it,
> per process monitor (procmon) could show that write I/O size seems
> could be pass from the application layers,

well, sure, the application layer drives IO with the IO size it chooses.
But when the application layer issues IOs larger then the maximum IO
size allowed by SMB (8 MB iirc), the Windows SMB kernel client will
segment the larger application segments into smaller ones.

-slow

---
Meet us at Storage Developer Conference (SDC)
On 18th to 21st September 2023 in Fremont, CA
More information at https://samba.plus/events

Meet us at the conference storage2day 2023!
26th & 27th September, in Frankfurt am Main
Event on Storage Networks & Data Management
Find more info at https://samba.plus/events

Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                      https://samba.org/
SerNet Samba Team Lead                     https://sernet.de/en/
SAMBA+ Samba packages                        https://samba.plus/