[Samba] Migration of files with Windows ACL's to Samba server

Borut Rozman borut.rozman at bioch.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 16 17:17:03 UTC 2023

Raplh,
Thanks for your answer, I assume NFS resharing is really not the way to go, we have a complicated setup (as you would assume) and this was just to try make things separated and simpler.
To explain more
- storage server is joined to the AD domain via SSSD
- we are running NIS to propagate nfs maps to the clients, server just serves as storage
- we want to run samba to share same nfs mount points across.

So probably we will have to disconnect the sssd and reconnect it via samba to AD and discard the second machine we are using at the moment ot serve as samba server. Just today I have an issue with one of the shares being reshared via samba, that it reports 0 free space so no one can save anything on that share. I want to mitigate this issue for the time being so it would be helpful how to fix that? Any ideas? It reports 726mb of size of that share and 0 bytes free.

I have plenty of space on the storage server.

Regards
Borut