[Samba] GPO not getting updated on Windows 10

Anantha Raghava H A raghav at exzatech.net
Mon Aug 14 02:13:51 UTC 2023

Hi,

Thanks for the pointer.

Actually, we had delinked the OU and blocked the policy inheritance for
the policy. However, we noticed that we even had to delink the domain
member PCs for the policy change to take effect. For testing, we created
new OU - "CleanOU" and a new policy - "NoGPO". We did not define any
policy and even blocked the default policy inheritance and linked it to
"CleanOU". When we moved the user into this new OU and logged in, the
expectation was that no Policies should get applied. However, it is
observed that default policies were getting applied and that too more
than once. We observed that since the domain member PC was a member of
different OU and the default system-level policies were getting applied
despite moving the user into new OU with No GPO. When we delinked the
domain member PC from the default policies, everything started working
properly.

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava H A

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail communication and any attachments may be privileged and
confidential to Exzatech Consulting And Services Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore,
and are intended only for the use of the recipients named above If you
are not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any
part of it. If you have received this message in error, please delete it
and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be
timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions.