[Samba] Picking a non-.local domain

Hans Schulze h.schulze at labor-ostsachsen.de
Tue Aug 8 10:20:11 UTC 2023

Hello,

i am facing the same problem right now. I start from scratch for an
Samba AD. One question about this: I have registered a domain e.g.
"bla.org" extra/unique for AD, to have an placeholder and there are no
other external Services resolved over this, can i have an fqdn like
"dc1.bla.org" or that also not recommended?

The Domain is registred on a Nameserver from the Provider.