[Samba] Troubles with Permissions

Steven Vishoot stevenvishoot at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 04:07:23 UTC 2023

Ok, I am pulling my hair out now. I have five shared directories, four of
them I cannot write to them through samba share and the fifth I can. Image
share is the only one I can write to and that is the original shared
directory. The others were added later and I can't write to them with
permission denied error. The original was added when samba.swat was still
around and the others were just appended later on. I can write to the
directories with the user  on linux but not through samba. What am I
missing? or doing wrong?

# See smb.conf.example for a more detailed config file or
# read the smb.conf manpage.
# Run 'testparm' to verify the config is correct after
# you modified it.

[global]
host allow = 192.168.1, 127.
load printers = yes