[Samba] gpo client linux sssd does not apply

David Mulder dmulder at samba.org
Mon Apr 17 14:53:38 UTC 2023

> Reading the relevant portions of the policy-refresh.html, it appears
> that you should either allow winbind to apply the GPO's or sssd, not
> both.
SSSD does not apply these GPOs. SSSD has some simple Group Policy
support, but not to the extent that Samba does. What Anderson is trying
to accomplish used to work, but appears to be broken now. I'll need to
look into what is causing the failure.

> If you are using sssd to apply the GPO's, then you are asking in the
> wrong place, you should be asking on the sssd-users mailing list.
> Samba does not produce sssd, so, unless someone is using it and knows
> the pitfalls & fixes, you will be better asking on the correct list.

Actually, the SSSD team wouldn't be able to help here. Reaching out here
was correct, I've just been away for a month and wasn't able to respond.

--
David Mulder
Labs Software Engineer, Samba
dmulder at suse.com