[Samba] 4.18.x on bullseye-security update?

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Apr 10 19:15:10 UTC 2023

On 10/04/2023 19:38, Elias Pereira via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any ETA for the inclusion of 4.18.x in bullseye-security?

As far as I can see, Samba 4.18 is only in experimental and Samba has
nothing to do with any Debian releases. I know that the Debian Samba
maintainer posts on here regularly, but this has nothing to do with Samba.
I presume that Debian has its own due processes and will, if required,
move it to wherever they deem fit.

As for the security update that went into 4.18.1, then the same update
went into 4.17.7 which is in Debian backports.

Rowland