[Samba] NT_STATUS_TOO_MANY_OPENED_FILES

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Apr 10 07:37:12 UTC 2023

On 10/04/2023 07:22, Anantha Raghava via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We upgraded from Samba version 4.15.9 to 4.18.1 on last Saturday. We are
> running AD-DC Service. Our upgrade process was nothing but a fresh
> compile & installation and add the samba instance to AD-DC cluster as a
> Domain Controller and demote and remove the old one. Of 5 server, there
> are no issues. 2 of them experiencing slowness and in the logs we are
> seeing "single_accept_connection: NT_STATUS_TOO_MANY_OPENED_FILES" being
> reported.

Are you sure that is the exact message ?

Could it actually be:

single_accept_connection: accept: NT_STATUS_TOO_MANY_OPENED_FILE

> The smb.conf is a standard auto-generated one. No specific parameter is
> added. This is slowing down the response to Authentication requests, DNS
> queries and even replication.

Please post the smb.conf in use (just to check something strange hasn't
gone wrong)

Also, can you post the entire log lines, including some from above the
'single_accept_connection' lines (sanitised if must)

Rowland