[Samba] python module

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 19:20:50 UTC 2023

I am looking for the python-samba module. I would like to
add/disable/modify AD accounts using python running on a linux machine.
ChatGPT suggested the python-samba module.  Sample code as follows:

from samba.credentials import Credentials
from samba.netcmd.user import create as create_user
from samba.netcmd.user import setpassword as set_user_password

I am running Debuan bullseye and I can import the samba module. But there
is no samba.netcmd.user name available. So chatgpt suggested I need a newer
version of python-samba.

I attempted to pip install it -- and it is not available on pypi.

After googling for about 15 minutes I gave up trying to find the
python-samba module and thought I would ask -- is this something I need to
get from git ?

--
David Bear
mobile: (602) 903-6476