[Samba] Error domain level command , modul version mismatch

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Sep 30 11:13:46 UTC 2022

On 30/09/2022 11:54, Mueller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my OS: Debian 11 x64.
> lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Debian
> Release:        11
> Codename:       bullseye
>
> I updated from samba 4.16.4 straight to 4.17.0. Both Version I compiled from
> source.

I think what is happening here is that by updating samba in the way you
have, there are old parts of the original Samba install left. I would
suggest that if you are going to upgrade in this way, you compile Samba
on a new Computer (or VM) and then join this as a new DC and then, once
the new DC is known to be working correctly, demote the old DC. that way
you know there is no old components left behind.

Rowland