[Samba] Problems with Samba after upgrading to v4 and changing LDAP-backend from OpenLDAP to 389

Alexander Harm || ApfelQ alexander.harm at apfelq.com
Tue Sep 27 12:52:15 UTC 2022

I was able to make some progress on the issue and I have the following things working now:

- "pdbedit -v -u username" works fine now
- “pdbedit -L” works as well
- “getent passwd username” works
- "wbinfo -g" works
- joining and leaving the domain works fine as well

I’m still stuck on

- "wbinfo -u" does not return any users (is this important?)
- login from Windows machines fails with error 7519 which indicates a problem with RPC
- “net rpc join -U administrator” fails with “Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain 'DLAN' over rpc: {Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the time-out period expired.”
- port 135 also does not seem to be open on the machine
- "testparm --suppress-prompt -v | grep '[s]erver services’” seems to return the correct list though “server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns"

Anymore ideas?

Thanks.